So my husband has been talking non-stop about financial meetings he has been attending. I mean literally, non-stop. At dinner. In the carpool lane to and from work. Getting ready for bed. Laying in bed. In his sleep. (no joke. my husband is a sleep talker.) So finally one day I told him to "callate la jeta" which is spanish for "shut your face." It probably wasnt a nice way to say it but if he would have talked about mutual funds or the current return rate on a IRA one more time, I think I would have had to super glue his mouth shut. Literally.
You see, numbers dont turn me on. In fact, they have the opposite effect on me. Remember the student in high school that sat in the back of math class trying to be invisible? That was me. So, is it any wonder that when my husband said he wanted me to go to financial meetings with him I told him I'd rather run a marathon. In Arizona. In the dead of summer. With all my clothes on. Get the picture?
So being the good husband that he is, he called me out on it. He challenged me to go to two meetings with him and if I didnt like them, then he would never talk to me about finances again. So I thought I would give him a run for his money and told him I would go. The first meeting was so painful that I thought about backing out. But - a promise is a promise! So - last night I went to what I thought was my last meeting. AND I GOT HOOKED. It was one of those "holy moley" blow your mind crazy moments when everything comes together and you think "hey - i need to share this message with everyone!" I havent felt that way since my mission!! So as of today, I am training to become a financial adivsor. And if I can do it, anybody can!
4.23.2008
Holy Canole!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
He sounds like Jeremy--Jeremy is currently trying to be the financial advisor of his boat to help people manage their money. He too went to some financial planning meetings before entering the navy and also got hooked. But he doesn't talk in his sleep.
lol, that's funny! i'm not into all that stuff either...i think it's partially because i don't understand 95% of it. Mike talks about it all the time too. That's really cool how you're into it now...I think the secret plan is to get me into it too. That's why they want me to go to that meeting on Tuesday. I doubt that I will get hooked though...I would just like to find out more of what it's all about :)
Thanks for commenting on my blog! Now I'll add you to my links!
Good for you wanting to learn more about the financial world! I've been really working on our finances lately and find such peace and enjoyment out of what used to give me such headaches and stress!
Post a Comment