1.02.2012

My Life in 30 days: January

Confession time. Pretty much up to this point I have had a non-committal relationship with, you guessed it, my blog. It all started with Pinterest, I tell you! Curse you Pinterest - with all your lovely DIY house projects, tantalizing recipes and fashion ideas!

 ::Sigh::

Anyhoo, with a new year I find myself with a deep down desire to do the impossible: maintain a blog.
Regularly.
That's right. You read it. I will blog more than once every 6 months! Not occasionally. Not semi-regularly. Every stinkin' day. Ok, well not every day - I mean let's be realistic.
Oh dear, am I being non-committal again??


So while I was eating popcorn for breakfast (!) with Bicho this morning, I came up with a great idea to keep me from neglecting my blog while helping me reach some personal goals. 
I shall call it "My Life in 30 days".

To be honest with you (yes YOU...that one person that still reads my blog - I LOVE YOU!)...my life is pretty darn boring. My husband works insane hours to build our business and I mostly stay home with Bicho to play doll house a million times in one day. We are kind of fuddy-duddies. But I have an adventurous spirit! And I love a challenge. Thus, "My Life in 30 days" was born. I'm not a very consistent person (hummmm..really, I never would have guessed it!) but I can stick to something for at least 30 days!!

So here's the "dealio". Each month of the year, I will commit to try something new. Something that I believe will help me become a better wife, mother and daughter. Some ideas may not work out so well. Others may work out so well that they become a life-long habits. I will invite you to join along for the ride - but only if you want to! A woman who is progressing, is a woman who can change the world - starting with her family!


So for "My Life In 30 Days: January" I am focusing on....food storage.

:::Gasp:::

So adventurous, I know! But its been on my mind A LOT and I need a kick start to get it going. And don't worry. I'm not an over-achiever. In fact, reading my blog will probably make you feel better about yourself! I'm not out for perfection - just progress! My goal is to set up a food storage system that works for our family's irregular income (read: livin' the commission life, baby!) and storage space. And if there are any ideas that work for your family too, I invite you to use them too!

Have you lived your life today???

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

Food storage is so tough sometimes! I do the buy-a-little-extra style. We have little to no room in our house so I have to use restraint and be creative at the same time. Ugh.

The Neerings Family said...

Good for you, Rachel! Food storage is something I am so not on target with. We joke that we'll just go to my in-law's house cuz they are SO prepared. But I know we should be too. We have no space and it's hard to even just buy a case of something because I don't know where to store it.
Anyhow, I look forward to seeing how your months go. I feel like I should be so much better at so many things since I only work super part time subbing right now. It seems everyone else can do it all!

The Neerings Family said...

Just saw your first 6 months on the side...wow! Impressive! One habit I'm trying to work on is maybe once a month have a week with no white sugar...we shall see!

Emily said...

Good luck! I'm excited to see update:) Your little Bicho is getting so big.