8.21.2009

I Declare Maternity Leave!


Today is the day I declare maternity leave at work. Oh yeah - it's gonna feel good. It kind of reminds me of my favorite Office episode. I wish I could declare it Michael Scott style ! Instead I filled out paperwork....social workers are no fun. So when you watch this, think of me - declaring maternity leave!



So now what am I going to do now that I don't have to drive 80 miles to and from work? Sleep in, take naps and eat a lot of things that will probably give me killer heart burn but taste oh-so-good. Oh and prepare for little Bicho to join our family soon!

P.S. Did I tell you we saw Bicho at my "luverly" Dr. appointment yesterday? She's going to have A LOT of hair. (Add making bows to my list above...)


8 comments:

The Neerings Family said...

Yay for maternity leave! Feeling any contractions yet? No for me, darn. I know I technically have about 3 more weeks, but I'm hoping any day now! At my appt on the 17th I was 2 cm dilated & 75% effaced(thinned). Hope I have made progress by my next appt on Tuesday.

That is cute that she will have a lot of hair! My ultrasound on the 10th only showed fuzz, but that's ok...he's a boy!

Will be watching FB/the blog for the big news!

The Craig Family said...

Yea for maternity leave!! I hope these next couple weeks go by fast for you but I know you will sure enjoy the time to get ready for the big day!! We need to hang out a couple times. I can teach you how to make bows and take you to the ribbon store. That reminds me I haven't gotten you anything. I am such a bad friend. I shall repent. :)

The Carey's Corner said...

Yeah....do you think we could declare that we want custody of Jacob and it would happen too? :-)

Love you...Stef and I want to come visit...

David G. Filhart (a.k.a. the Davey Baby) said...

We are sooo excited! Love you guys!!!
Dave, Becky, and Mia

Crow Family said...

I love the office & Michael Scott!! Enjoy some nesting time before your baby girl gets here =)

Sarah said...

Congratulations you look super cute pregnant. Enjoy your time off and take as many naps as you can! Before and After.

The Neerings Family said...

So, any contractions yet? Do you think you'll have her before the 8th? Or maybe you already did???

Our Paper Plates said...

No baby yet but I did get a ba-jillion freezer meals done :) Some contractions but its usually at night and they go away as fast as they come. Who knows when she'll really come!