
And here is Terrence's picture...

("I'd like her to look a little more attractive. How far can you pull pack?" "How do you feel about Cleveland?" - name that movie!)
I can't really complain about how I feel right now. I think Heavenly Father is really helping me get through my last few work weeks and miles upon miles of traveling that is required. And He has saved me (on more than one occasion) from seriously injuring people who make those "well-meaning" pregnancy comments like "Wow, you are getting really big". Usually I would respond with a "Great observation, Sherlock. Can't sneak anything past you, huh?!" But I try to refrain. One sweet Latino man at work told me I was "engordandose" which means getting fat. I told him (in a semi-joking manner) if he ever said that to me again, I was going to fill his mouth with my knuckles (it sounds much more suave in Spanish). I think I scared him off since he hasn't said a word to me since. As you can tell, my biggest trial right now is controlling my tongue and swallowing the sarcasm that just flies out of my mouth on an involuntary basis.
::Sigh:: I think I should have registered for a muzzle.
But in better news, I had my first "internal exam" ::grimace:: and it went as well as an "internal exam" could go. I guess I am about 50% effaced - whatever that means and I've apparently started to "thin out". He apparently missed that round thing between my extremely enlarged chest and pubic bone (ha ha - my lame attempt for a joke)! So anyhoo, I'll just plan for Bicho to come on time. And if she comes any earlier...heaven help us!

8 comments:
I think you look great!! I always get a lot of "huge" comments too. Because, let's face it, I get huge. But I still want to slap people when they say it.
I SO get it! You really do look so cute, I'm sure you don't feel it though. Those internal exams are peachy, aren't they? She'll be here so soon!!
We're all gigantic being 8/9 months pregnant, no worries! Just remember, 2 months from now, you'll be looking fab!! Super cute pics, you'll love those someday, I promise! :)
You look great! You look nice and slender except for the big belly which will go away shortly after the baby is born. And, I think you are entitled to sarcasm if people feel they are entitled to say those things to a pregnant girl. Don't they know how many hormones are raging in a 36 week pregnant girl? You should let your tongue fly and wait for restraint until the hormones ease up.
A grandmother of one of my preschoolers would comment AT LEAST once a week since i announced the pregnancy "Wow, you're sure getting big!", "Are you sure there's only one in there?", "You haven't had that baby yet?" What is it with people??? But seriously, you look great! (even though it's hard to think that, trust me, I get it!) I'm hoping Owen does come a little early, so maybe he'll come before your little girl even though you're technically due 4 days before me!
P.S. Starting this week I decided I'm not taking Audrey to the dr with me anymore, because of the "internal" exams. She does NOT need to see that!
Rachita....you act like the involuntary comments have just started....I think you are just trying to blame pregnancy on it now! :-) Love you! So are you going to let us know when u go to the hospital so we can come visit? :-) Or we will meet your little bicho on her first birthday?? hahhaa...love ya...miss ya...
Hey, thanks for stopping by to tell me you have tried my recipes. And wishing you the best of luck with this new little one on the way. I know it gets hard at the end...did it four times. This too shall pass. : ) Then comes the reward of that beautiful new little person in your arms.
M.L.
Post a Comment