6.24.2008

FHE with the Filharts!

The very cute and fun Filhart family invited us over for dinner and it was such a treat. Dave pulled out the big guns and cooked (or should I say designed) dinner. We felt so spoiled! The pictures from Terrence's cell phone doesn't do it justice. Dave (or formerly known as "Davey Baby" from our college days) cooked pork and garlic with white rice. We were also treated to Dave's "secret" salad dressing. It was so delicioso that I tried to limit myself to one plate. After persuasion and a trip to "guiltland" via AeroDave ("what's wrong, you don't like my food? that's ok...i can tell you don't like it. you don't have to eat it") I decided to eat another plate. But oooohhh, it was so worth the extra calories.

After dinner Becky taught a family home evening lesson on finding true happiness in the gospel. It all gave us time to contemplate on the true meaning of happiness and Satan's goal to have us feel anything but that. On a more mushy note, we all shared our feelings of the happiness we feel being married to our spouses and how it is just a slice of how we can feel eternally as long as we remain faithful.
We followed Becky's sweet thoughts with more sweetness - a pie from Marie Callender's. Not just any pie, but a chocolate cream pie. And yes, it was as good as it sounds.

Most importantly, we got to see little Mia and how much she has grown! She is such a sweet addition to the Filhart home :) It's so amazing to see babies develop their own personalities and characteristics. Mia has discovered her fingers and tongue - so there was a lot of drooling. Terrence thought it was so cute! Funny, he doesn't think its cute when I drool on him while I sleep!


Thanks Dave, Becky and Mia for sharing your friendship and happiness with us for FHE! Lets do it again soon :)

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I just made my blog private, but I'd love for you to still view it if you'd like. I just need your email address, so email me at joelmaryorton@yahoo.com. Thanks

Becky Filhart said...

ahhhhh-so sweet. We loved having you guys too! We sure do enjoy your friendship and international conversation!

Becky Filhart said...

Hey Rach!
I need your mailing address! Email it to me...twanda21@yahoo.com. Thanks a ton!