8.23.2008

Oh My Goodwill-ness

Confession : We have been in our home for over 1 year and I can count on one hand how many things are hanging on my walls. Yikes! And with a small "home beautification" budget , a girl has get creative in order have things to put on the wall! I went to Goodwill the other day and found these little treasures.

I saw these and instantly had a great idea. And no, the idea was not to hang them in my home in their present state! Lets take a closer look...

Doesn't this look like the well that freaky looking girl from "The Ring" crawled out of?! When I brought this home, I was just waiting for my TV to flip on with a static background and see an unpleasant visitor crawling out of my thrift store find. (Don't mind me. I let my imagination get the best of me most of the time!) Anyhoo, so of course I didn't want my home to be decorated like a freaky prop set to a horror show (a little dramatic, are we?). I knew these little treasures needed a little spray paint and scrapbook paper make-over.

And wallah-


Much better. Now to find the perfect little home for them on one of my blank walls (and yes that is my terribly painted toenail job in the bottom left of the photo). There isn't anything that a little creativity can't fix to make a thrift store treasure your own. This whole project was completed for $12. And I still have a whopping $13 left to beautify my home this month! :) Who says being cheap isn't any fun?!

10 comments:

Marianne said...

Way to go for being so creative and frugal! I'm not very good at combining those two things. I never would have thought to do what you did to those wall hangings. Good job!

Mike and Bianca said...

I love your creation! Great job! I have to admit, when I saw the first picture of them I wasn't too impressed...but you made them look so awesome and so stylish!

Kelli said...

Super cute!

Sarah said...

Hows it going? I know you commented on my blog awhile ago and I never responded, but I am just slow like that. Anyways I love you cute thrift store finds and those cute wreaths for $4.25 that is so awesome. I love to decorate my house and like you I have to do it on a budget. Darn it why can't we be millionaires.

Stacy Householder said...

Oh my gosh you CRACK ME UP!! :) I love how you write! :) I'm soooo happy you painted those wall hangings BLACK!! When I first saw them I was like.. Lisa, noooo! But I do not share your creative brain. I never would've thought to do something so FUN with them!! :)

You amaze me Cousin! :) I love you! And I love your blog! :)

Stacy Householder said...

Okay.. very funny story that just happened. My cousin invited me to her blog, and I don't know how I ended up on YOUR blog but I did... and I read it thinking it was of course, HER blog.. and I also replied accordingly.

So.. apply all that previous comment to YOU Rachel! LOL

That was the weirdest feeling EVER!!! But... I'm still laughing! :)

LOVE YOU! :)

Becky Filhart said...

Rachel...you inspiring person you! So Dave's kind of bugged now because I linked to that Joy's of home blog and now I'm all into home decor again. (I had stopped because of budgeting problems myself, and now...well it's baaacccckkk!)

The Neerings Family said...

I need to go shopping with you girl! Again, sorry about Friday, but we'll do it soon!

Meg said...

Look at you girl!! I am SOOO proud of you!

brooksybabe said...

You are so creative. You need to teach some classes to the less fortunate in the creativity area.