Seriously! What is up with me?! My blog went from lame to super lame recently because I never post. Don't worry ladies - I can admit when I am totally lame. I do want to post some projects that I have been working on, so I'll do those soon! And I was tagged a million years ago and still haven't done it. So here are 7 facts about me that you probably never knew (or wanted to know) about me. Lucky you!
1. I didn't shave my legs for a year and a half. Yep that's right - 1.5 years of hairy legs. I'll spare you the pictures. I made a "secret combination" with another sister missionary in the MTC that we would both go a year and a half with hairy legs. And. I. did. The long skirts and nylons helped hide the hair...uhm, most of the time. (As a side note it took 5 razors to get all the hair off my legs - yikes!)
2. Opera is my favorite type of music. There - I said it. My dirty confession is out. On my 21st birthday, instead of partying like a rock star, I chose to see Pavarotti live in concert. It was the best concert I have ever been to. And a dream come true. Yes- I am a true Italian.
3. I have 100 goals to accomplish before I die. When I was a teenager I read a story in Chicken Soup for the Soul about a boy who set goals and spent his whole life achieving them. In college, I wrote out a list of goals to complete before I die. One goal : Run a marathon around Mount Everest. Aim high, ladies. Aim high.
4. Foreign films rock my socks. I love foreign films. My favorite foreign film? La Vita E Bella. A must see. Here's one of my favorite scenes where the main character is trying to get attention of the woman he loves (who is engaged to another man).
5. I love a good deal (a.k.a I am cheap). The thrill of the hunt is like a drug to me. And when I see how much I save at the checkout stand, I feel like I hit the jackpot and practically dance out of the store. Who needs drugs when you have coupons and garage sales to give you a high?! Seriously.
6. I was engaged to my husband three times before I married him. Or maybe more. I lost count after three. The thought of being married scared me to death. My poor husband. He is the sweetest, most loving husband in the world. And he lets me call him "Terbear" in front of his friends. Best. Husband. Ever. Every day I feel so lucky that he stuck around for me :)
7. One day, I will beat the turkey. Every Thanksgiving Arizona has a Turkey Trot 10K race. A man dresses up in turkey suit to run the race. He paces himself to run 6.2 miles in 45 minutes. My goal is run faster than this man in the turkey suit. Maybe this year...or something.
11.11.2008
What's Up With Rachel?
Posted by Our Paper Plates at 4:34 PM
Labels: Me In A Nutshell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
When I move to AZ I want to run the Turkey Trot with you! See ya there in 2 years!
Wow! I didn't know you didn't shave for a 1.5 years. That is crazy! I would love to do that but Matt would hate me after a week. :)
I like you Rachel. You are too cool. I check your blog often, and am glad you are posting again. Well, maybe for now. Can't wait to see some of your projects!!
A whole year and a half? Eek.
Yeah - but I was a missionary, so -you know, it was kinda expected of me :) ha, ha!
Oh Rach. The gagging I just did at the thought of five razors worth of hair? That was really gagging of love. But wow. Gross.
Post a Comment