6.08.2010

Summer Reading Program


Recently I noticed Bicho loves being read to and flipping through her board books. The other day I heard her babbling from the baby moniter after her nap. When I opened the door to get her, she had her favorite board books open and she was "reading" them outloud! (Bicho is developing quite the personality! We love it!)

 Some of my favorite times as a young girl were spending hot, lazy summer days reading books to pass the time. So naturally, I thought it would be fun to sign Bicho up for the summer reading program at the local library. For every six books I read to her, she wins a prize (a beach ball, an animal squirt toy, a beach bucket with shovel & Phoenix Mercury game voucher and a book voucher). I felt a little silly redeeming her points for her first prize since she is so young and was asleep in her stroller. But she lurves her little beach ball, so it was worth it!

 If you live in the Phoenix Metro area, sign your child up for the FREE reading program at your local library!!!