In the middle of moving offices at work, a set of small candle holder found their way to my desk. Since we moved into a very small space, I asked my very next door co-worker where they came from. She said she one of the maintenance men placed it on my desk and forgot to throw them away. Since nobody had claimed them, I decided to give these homeless candle holders a nice spot in my empty home. Instead of using candles, I decided to put fake apples on the candle holders to add a little color. Since my walls have nothing on them (!), I hung a sign that was given to me by my previous young womens leader as a wedding gift. So after investing $2 at Dollar Tree for the fake apples, my end result looked like this..It turned out a lot better than I thought it would!! It was actually my husband's idea to place the candle holders next to the stove. I must admit, my husband has some awesome ideas on how to decorate our home. Funny, he usually isn't around when I do home projects. I think its to avoid being volun-told to hold up my projects on the wall in various parts of our home so I can "picture" what it would look like hanging ! (Burner Dictionary: Volun-told = Volunteered + Told) He's always so sweet to help me out, though!
So here is the decorated part of our kitchen. It's amazing how creative you can be when you get things for free! I never imagined hanging candle holders next to my stove, but now that they are there, I can't imagine anything different. So next time something free crosses your path, think twice before passing it up! You never know how it can add beauty and elegance to your home!

3 comments:
First of all, your house makes me jealous. :) Second, you have fantastic ideas. Third, your new word is my favorite new word of the year. It absolutely encompasses everything about Kolby's and my relationship. hahahaha
I never knew that I was friends with such an amazing, creative home owner! I need to take some lessons from you my dear! Love your house, love your creativity, love you!
look at you all martha stewartey minus the insider illegal trading! So clever you are!
Post a Comment