9.23.2008

Bippity-Boppity, Give Me The Sopity!


Rewind to our long layover in San Francisco before arriving in Idaho. I looove San Francisco! When I was a little girl, it was family tradition that on every special or monumental occasion, my parents would treat our family to an It's-It bar. It is heaven on earth between two chocolate covered oatmeal cookies - found only in San Francisco. So obviously, I was bound and determine to eat one while waiting for our plane. My husband told me there was no chance in finding one since they are a "downtown" commodity. What my husband didn't know is that I am the type of woman who, if I know what I want, and I want it bad enough, I will do whatever it takes to get it. (And I usually totally and completely embarrass him along the way.)


As I was contemplating how I was going to get my It's-It bar without missing my flight, I was approached by an airport worker. Because I have a big mouth and I talk to anyone in sight (a lovely blessing from my mission), I struck up a conversation with this worker. Me: Hey listen, do you know where I can get an It's-It bar? Airport Worker: A what? Me: An IT'S-IT bar! Airport Worker:(Laughing) Oh yeah! But its under security around here. Me: (Leaning forward, in a hushed voice) Do you have an inside for me? Airport worker: ::silence:: Me: ::silence and way too intense about an ice cream bar::: Airport worker: Uhm...yeah. Give me the money and I'll get you one.


My husband had just walked into the end of the conversation and I told him to give the guy $5 dollars. With a confused look on his face, my hubby passed a five dollar bill to the worker and the worker took off like lightening. After explaining the situation to my husband, he shook his head and said " Well, there goes five dollars!" After reassuring my husband that the worker was going to come back, after 10 minutes I began to wonder if I really had been duped. We both had a good laugh about it until we saw the airport worker coming back with two It's-It bars in his hands and our change! My husband's jaw dropped and I was grinning ear to ear. Needless to say, my faith in humanity prevailed that day! That airport worker got an awesome tip that day and my husband now knows not to underestimate the power of a determined woman with a plan!

5 comments:

karen said...

haha rach that's awesome! I so wouldn't have ever given the airport worker $5 LOL

Tawnya said...

I absolutely LOVE that you got the worker to run a covert operation for you! Good for you on getting what you want! :)

Steph H said...

Wow, that's so funny. Leave it to you... "Listen, Airport Worker, do you have an inside for me?" You make me laugh. I'll have to try one next time I'm that way. Also, Happy Birthday!! So sorry I missed it!

Meg said...

Womn after my OWN heart!! I wold have SOO done that! I aman airline employee.. so I can do that for you next time! :) hahaha I havea back stage pass to the excitement!
So glad I am not the only one driven by food memories!

j & s said...

rachel! why didnt you give him $20 and get it's it's for the whole fam damily! ugh.. im so jealous.... :)