9.10.2008

The Pile of Dirt I Call My Backyard

What to say about our backyard...well, it is probably the size the computer desk you are sitting in front. Literally. Pros: We don't have to mow a lawn or maintain a large yard regularly. Cons: We dont have enough area to even have a lawn (picture me cutting our grass with scissors because a lawnmower won't fit - its that small!).

So, I've decided to do something to somewhat beautify it until we can do something about it! I found some hanging planters at Goodwill a while ago. They were lime green and pumpkin orange. While those are awesome colors, it just didnt mesh with the look I was going for. So I gave them a little bath in black spray paint and pulled out some artificial flowers I saved from my wedding. I hung a wreath in the middle to pull it all together and complete the "fall" look. Those of us from Arizona know there is no such season as fall here, so fake fall will have to do!

Why the close up shot? Because the far away shot looks like this...

Yikes! See that burnt weed? My husband and I joke about decorating it for Christmas. It is the only "growing" thing in our yard. Something is better than nothing, right? I removed the planters and wreath for now since the temperatures are still scorching hot! Remember these wreaths? The ones that get the most sun time aren't really green anymore! So, I think I will wait for Mr. Sun to take a vacation before I hang my backyard decorations up again. I certainly don't need more brown plants in my backyard!

3 comments:

Dwiggins said...

Rachel,
I didn't even know you were soooo crafty. You have so many cute ideas, we're going to have to get together and do some crafty things.

Liz said...

Hey! I just was looking at stef's blog and found yours! How cute are you! Do you like to do crafty projects cause that is one of my favorite things to do! You have the cutest ideas! You have inspired me!

j & s said...

rachel rachita.. one day ill be like you i hope. k next stop... my house to decorate!!! yay!!!!!!