Does anybody have any I could borrow? Like right now, I should be getting ready for work but the thought of climbing upstairs with my stomach "rockin' and rolling" makes it a little hard for me to be motivated. Even though I would rather lay on the couch all day, I still have to continue on with life. So I came up with a new system. I use a countdown to help me with my motivation problem. So I say outloud to myself at 6am while my husband is getting ready for work, "I can do hard things. After counting to ten, I'll get out of bed and make lunch for Terrence." So I start my countdown and then I'll roll out of bed. Or recount. Again . And again. My husband just laughs but sometimes he'll count with me. I think he just thinks I've gone crazy.
So here I go. "I can do hard things. After counting to ten, I'll go get ready for work..." 10. 9. 8....
2.09.2009
M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N
What do you use as a motivational tool?!
Posted by Our Paper Plates at 7:18 AM
Labels: Motivational Thoughts, The Burner Bicho
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sorry. But when you find some, let me know. I could use it to organize my closets, clean my bathrooms and dust my ceiling fans.
How far along are you again? I am always so tired the 1st trimester. It's shocking how a bean-sized baby can suck away your energy like that. But it gets better. Usually anyway. :)
And YES, we definitely want to go to Cordoba for the temple dedication. Let's go!! :)
Argentina, here we come. They wont build the temple before September, right? I mean, with all the mate breaks and siestas, I figure it make be a couple of years :)
Hey so glad to hear from you and CONGRATS, I had no idea you were pregnant! We are due in August too! Yes the trim is easy and inexpensive, I suppose free if you have the right kind of wood laying around.
Moti-what? I'm still trying to find some of this too, to help get me to the gym and lose this baby weight! So take it easy on yourself and enjoy your quiet time. Be a little selfish while you still can. Time to be motivated will come when you are ready. No need to rush to it now :) Congrats on the baby news!
Hmmm. Motivation. I have to say that the only motivation I have to get up in the morning is that the sunshine is RIGHT IN MY EYES. Either that, or my kids need me to feed them before they go to school. What are they thinking? Can't they start school at about noon or so? J.K. Seriously, I have to make me a mental list of things I want to get done that day, and sometimes I even write it out so I can check things off. I feel pretty worthless if I don't get something done from my list during the day. Besides, we can't grow and progress if we live our life laying on our backsides. I think another thing that gets me motivated, is making and setting goals, figuring out the steps I will make to accomplish those goals, and then I JUST DO IT! IT IS THE ADVENTURERS THAT ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS!!!!
Post a Comment